No One Hears You

Today the band Slick launched their new song No One Hears You. What a surprise, my heart jumped! Catchy, dark and vivacious. I just wish everyone to listen to the song even if it is only once. David (the composer) has the wonderful ability to make his guitar weep, literally, and not gently, full force straight from the heart and soul. We know each other for 23 years and he never ceases to surprise me one way or another. I am not directly a guitar-kinda-gal, because I am a bass-kinda-gal, but I can listen to his chords at any moment of the day and dig it each time, over and over again. A long time ago he played the strings of my heart, in a gentle way, and I seem to forget until I hear him play (and sing!) again!


My ancestors will rise up from the grave to hunt you.
They will ripp your heart if you don't wanna listen to reason
Stay with me we try to set things right
Don't you dare to sneak out in the night

But if you choose to leave me in this state I'm in
They will chase and hunt you down, you just can't win
And in the middle of your dreams your screaming 'No, no!'
No One Hears You

I often wonder where we lost our magic touch
We shared so many things it might have been too much
But now your love grows cold you trample on my heart
Don't you dare to tear my world apart

But if you choose to leave me in this state I'm in
They will chase and hunt you down, you just can't win
And in the middle of your dreams your screaming 'No, no!'
No One Hears You

My ancestors will rise up from the grave to hunt you.
They will ripp your heart if you don't wanna listen to reason
Stay with me we try to set things right
Don't you dare to sneak out in the night

But if you choose to leave me in this state I'm in
They will chase and hunt you down, you just can't win
And in the middle of your dreams your screaming 'No, no!'
No One Hears You

But if you choose to leave me in this state I'm in
They will chase and hunt you down, you just can't win
And in the middle of your dreams your screaming 'No, no, no!'
No, No, No One Hears You

Band: Slick
Song: No One Hears You
Music & Lyrics: David Hollestelle & Dee Dee Dekkkers
Production: John Sonneveld & Eddy Ouwens.

Slick are:
Dee Dee Dekkers (vocals)
David Hollestelle (guitar)
November Graye (vocals/backingvocals)
JW van Holland (guitar)
Derk Jolink (bass)
Edgar Francken (sax/ vocals)
Sven Bakker (drums)


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten